Balinese Chicken Wings
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
* 1 shallot, minced
* 1 (1 inch) piece fresh turmeric root, peeled and minced
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 12 chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss the chicken wings again to recoat in marinade, then spread out onto prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven until deep, golden brown, about 30 minutes.